I got an email from Cebu Pacific informing me that our flight going to Puerto Princesa in December was reset… I would call them for our final sked moving an evening flight to a morning flight. A welcome change actually as it will give us more time to explore the city.
The preparations for this trip had been long. Starting from the time when I was scouting promo airfares to arranging a 6D5N itinerary. I booked our flight in September. There was enough time to save up for the trip and do my research. I did a lot of blog walking to ensure that my middle daughter (MD) and I would have the best deal in what might be our last island hopping together for a quite a while. She would be in her last two years in her medical study and she would surely be busy having more hospital-based tasks. That is sad for me as among my children she is the one who takes after me in being a lakwatsera (wanderer). I had to make sure that the experience would be something she would cherish during the time she can’t go places.
I got a lot of information for this trip. I was weighing the pros and cons of doing a DIY and having the trip arranged by tour operators. In the end, the best arrangement for us, being first timers, was a combination of both. I made a lot of calls to tour providers, hotels, transport service. I scrounge travel reviews, must visit places and restos, to-dos and a lot more.
After looking at my options; considering sked and budget, our itinerary would be as follows:
- Day 1: Arrive in Puerto Princesa, Overnight Stay at Marianne Home Inn, Food Trip
- Day 2: Underground River Tour, Travel to El Nido in the evening, Overnight stay at Joaquin’s BnB
- Day 3: Check out at Joaquin’s, Check in at Organic Spa BnB, Island Tour A, Dinner
- Day 4: Island Tour C, Dinner at Art Cafe
- Day 5: Check out at Organic Spa BnB, Check In at Joaquin’s, Chill at Nakpan Beach, Dinner
- Day 6: Check out at Joaquin’s, Travel to Puerto Princesa, Lunch at Ka Inato
In the morning of our flight, two wanderers set out early. We made sure that outfits and apparatus were complete when we packed the night before. It was easy getting a Grab car thankfully. I made sure there will be no unpleasant surprises and told the driver to go through SLEX. Traffic to the airport was pleasantly light.